When you need to cut some branches off a tree, or do a bit of pruning, it’s going to be better to do it with a chainsaw. They are much quicker and more efficient than manual saws, hand saw.
In this article, we’ll be looking at the top 6 chainsaws for under $350, something just like best chainsaw under 300. These are chainsaws which might not be much use if you want to cut down a tree, but will be useful if you want to do trimming and pruning.
EGO Power+ CS1400 14-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
The first chainsaw on the list is an electric chainsaw from EGO. It has a voltage of 56, and operates using a battery.
It has a bar length of 14″ and measures in at 30.1×9.4×9.8 inches. It weighs 8.3 lbs.
- A brushless motor with such a high efficiency that it operates at 6300 RPM.
- It’s weather resistant constructions means that it can be used even when the heavens have opened up
- To make sure your work is always as safe as possible it comes with a kickback brake.
- The chain tensioning knob makes adjustments easy.
- Some customers have complained about the automatic oiling system, saying it is not very efficient.
- The batteries can sometimes die without warning
- The chain can come off far too often, according to a couple of customers.
- A select few customers have complained about how well it cuts.
Toro PowerPlex 51880 Brushless 40V MAX Lithium Ion 14″ Cordless Chainsaw
Our next entry onto this list is is Toro PowerPlex. It has 40V and like the EGO, the bar is 14″ and it’s a battery powered electric saw.
The measurements are 31×20×10 inches and it weighs 10.7 lbs.
- A high efficiency brushless motor will ensure that you will get the most powerful cut possible.
- The motor will also help to increase the runtime
- It’s very easy to start. No need to pull anything. All you have to do is simply push a button
- With an automatic oil system, you can be assured that the chain will always stay well lubricated.
- Thanks to the T-90 battery, this chainsaw can deliver up to 40 cuts per hour.
- The chain tensioning is simple. All you have to do is turn a knob.
- Low kickback bar for improved safety/
- Not very good for large jobs
Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
If you want to look after your carbon footprint, then our next entry is certainly something for you to be considering. It’s from Greenworks, and it has a 12 inch chain and operates at 40V.
As with our previous entries, it uses battery power.
It measures 26.4×8.1×11 inches and weighs 6 pounds.
- A lithium ion battery means that this saw will give you fade free power.
- Chain adjustments are easy thanks to the tool less chain tensioning.
- With a 3/8 inch chain pitch, you can be assured that it will deliver on it’s promises
- An automatic oiler will help to ensure it always stays well lubricated
- The wrap around handle is a feature that makes it both easy and safe to use
- Sometimes it breaks, which means it will need to be taken to the repair shop. Although such events are rare, they are annoying
- Chain comes off for some customers.
- It’s a bit slow for some people.
WORX WG304.1 Chain Saw 18-Inch 4 15.0 Amp
The next chainsaw on the list is still an electric one, but unlike the previous entries, it works using a chord rather than a battery. It’s from Worx, has an 18″bar length, and uses 120 volts.
It weighs 11.3 lbs and measures 20.6×14.6×8.1 inches.
- A 15 Amp motor delivers a powerful performance
- The automatic chain tensioning system will ensure that the chain is never too tight or too loose.
- A low kickback and chain brake system ensure that your safety is always number one priority.
- The automatic oiling system means that it’s always going to be well lubricated.
- Oil tank with a capacity of 200 ml
- Comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- The gears are made out of plastic which some customers have labelled as ‘cheap’.
- It might not work on a low voltage power socket.
- Oil leaks on some saws.
IOOkME-H 20 62CC 2 Cycle Gas Chainsaw
The next chainsaw is actually the first gas powered on this list. It’s from a company that you might not have heard of in the past. LOOkME-H.
It has a 62cc engine and a 12 inch bar.
- With a 62 ccc engine, you can be guaranteed plenty of power.
- Thanks to the engine technology, fuel consumption is reduced
- The tool less chain tensioning means that you can get the ideal chain tension without having to get your toolkit out. All you need to do is turn a knob.
- An anti-vibration system and wrap around handle means that whenever you use this device, you will also be doing so in comfort and with ease.
- With no throttle lock, it can be difficult for some customers to get it started
- As they’re not a very big company, they have yet to develop the reputation that other companies have.
Ridgeyard 22 52CC Professional 2-Stroke Petrol Chainsaw Wood Cutting Gasoline Chainsaw
And finally, we’re finishing with yet another petrol powered delight. It’s from Ridgeyard and has a 25 cc engine. The bar is 10 inches
- The body is made of ABS which is durable for many years
- 98000 RPM (so, very fast)
- Side mounted chain tensioning
- Choke/Stop control
- Clutch sometimes slips
- Cheap chain brake
- Very sensitive, activates too easily for some
If you want to cut down a tree, particularly one made of oak, then none of the chainsaws on this list are going to be of much use to use. However, if you want to cut off a few branches, some small trees, or perform other smaller tasks, then the chainsaws on this list are certainly ones that you should consider. However, that’s not to say that they’re your only options. Don’t be afraid to look at what else is out there.