Best 5 Chainsaws under 250: Which one is the best for you?
If you are looking for best 5 chainsaws under $250 that provides versatility and unparalleled power, then you are at the right place. These chainsaws are readily available in different sizes and ranges.
Their prices are determined depending on their cutting bar-length, voltage for electric saws as well as engine sizes for gas. We have handpicked best 5 for your next shopping pleasure. Here are the details:
1. Dewalt DCCS670B Chainsaw
This is one of the best you can purchase under $250. Dewalt DCCS670B has amazing features which include:
- Bar tightening knob
- Too-free chain tensioning system
- An auto-oiling system, and
- A chain brake
The manufacturers of this brand have introduced a coast-down brake that enables speedier and safety handling.
- Long lasting high-quality chainsaw
- Comes with ergonomic design
- Well fitted with varieties of safety features
- Supports an 18’’ bar
- Battery takes longer hours to charge fully
2. Husqvarna 240 2 HP Chainsaw
This is a great product. It has a great quality, and it is as effective as Dewalt DCCS670B. It can handle heavy-duty work with amazing results. This particular model is comprised of
- 38 cc engine
- 2 horsepower
- Side-mounted chain tensioner system – (which ensures that your cuts are smooth and tight).
- Combined choke/ stop control system- (which helps in checking the power and ensuring that the fuel is used efficiently).
You will be extremely pleased when you are using this product at home.
- Heavy-duty, high quality chainsaw
- Makes perfect cuts
- Easy to use
- Supports a 16’’ bar proficiently
- Highly durable power motor
- Slight difficulty in starting the motor
3. Worx WG3041- Great value for the money
This product is a great value for your money. It has the following features:
- Robust 15-amp motor
- Perfect balance for comfort, stability and power
- Auto-tension chain system
- Automated oiler system (which provides constant lubrication to the chain and bar).
- Built-in safety brake (this stops the machine in less than 1 minute if it makes an improper contact, thereby safeguarding you in the event of kickback)
- Ergonomic full-wrap and over-molded rear handle (this offers optimum comfort and operator control).
- Great value for your money
- No assembly required
- Automatic oil lubrication etc
- Noxious emissions
- Extremely heavy
- Oil reservoir leaks after a long period of use
- Chain’s quality needs to be improved
4. Black and Decker LCS1020 Chainsaw
This is a high quality model. It is composed of the following features:
- Tool-free blade tension system
- 10’’ Oregon low kickback bar
- Wrap-around blade handle
- 20V Max lithium battery with good runtime etc
- Good use at home
- Fairly durable
- Provides increased control and comfort
- Easy to use and versatile chainsaw
- Sluggish chain speed
- Its durability can be improved
- Incredible poor oiler quality
- Not really the best value for money
5. Poulan Pro PR4218
This is a top pick, because it is ideal for firewood cutting, tree felling as well as medium-duty storm clean up. The engine provides lower fuel consumption, lower emission levels and more power.
Other feature includes:
- Reduced vibration handles
- Automatic oiler system
- Super clean air filter system etc
- 40 CC two-cycle engine
- Highly reliable and durable
- Not recommended for cutting down heavier trees
- Incredibly loud motor running volume
- Can’t be used without hearing protection
- Doesn’t have shock absorbing features
If you want to buy a chainsaw under $250, here are our top picks. However, you need to know the main purpose why you want to buy it, and the projects you intend to do with it.
You can go for an electric model, if you want a chainsaw that can perform easy tasks, but if you will be doing a lot of bucking and felling, then you should consider sticking to more powerful gas chainsaw.
Know the guide bar length
Beginners are required to go for smaller models- at least the one that has 10 to 16-inch guide bar length. The smaller the saw, the easier you can use it. If you need chainsaw for heavy-duty cutting, bucking and felling, then consider going for 20 to 24-inch guide bar length.
What’s your budget
If you are operating on a tight budget, then you can go for electric corded chainsaws. From research we can confirm that, this is the least expensive chainsaw available in the market. But, if you have a flexible, big budget or opting for a powerful beast, then you can go for gas-powered models.
You can also go for cordless battery powered models- they are easy to use and lightweight, and many users are currently recommended it.
Keep in mind of the ergonomics
Although, most chainsaws may be similar when you are looking at them from a distance, but you can only notice the difference when you use them.
Before you buy any of them, you are encouraged to do a simple research, so that you can find the right fit for your hands. Ideally, it will be good to use a lightweight chainsaw, which is heavy enough to handle heavy-duty tasks.
Keep in mind also that heavier saws will not only strain your muscles, but will also prevent you from working for long periods. Thus, before making payment, ensure you are comfortable with the saw’s adjustment features. This is very important.
If you are looking for best 5 chainsaws under $250, we strongly recommend that you go for any of these 5 in the list. Kindly check them out again, and go for the one that suits your current requirements and meets your budget.
Yes, we are saying this because there is no need to buy an expensive chainsaw for simple, easy tasks.
We hope you got some inspiration with this article?
Please share with your friends!